The United States has temporarily paused a 50 per cent tariff on some Canadian goods that had been scheduled to take effect this week. U.S. President Donald Trump announced that the new tariffs will be delayed until August 22, giving Canada and the United States more time to continue negotiations. Prime Minister Mark Carney said the talks have made substantive progress, but some issues remain unresolved.
The United States has temporarily paused a 50 per cent tariff on some Canadian goods that had been scheduled to take effect this week. U.S. President Donald Trump announced that the new tariffs will be delayed until August 22, giving Canada and the United States more time to continue negotiations. Prime Minister Mark Carney said the talks have made substantive progress, but some issues remain unresolved.
The Ontario government will launch a new round of primary care expansion this September, with plans to create or expand about 78 primary care teams. The goal is to connect another 600,000 residents to a family doctor or other primary care provider. The province will invest about $250 million in this round.
The United States has temporarily paused a 50 per cent tariff on some Canadian goods that had been scheduled to take effect this week. U.S. President Donald Trump announced that the new tariffs will be delayed until August 22, giving Canada and the United States more time to continue negotiations. Prime Minister Mark Carney said the talks have made substantive progress, but some issues remain unresolved.
The United States has temporarily paused a 50 per cent tariff on some Canadian goods that had been scheduled to take effect this week. U.S. President Donald Trump announced that the new tariffs will be delayed until August 22, giving Canada and the United States more time to continue negotiations. Prime Minister Mark Carney said the talks have made substantive progress, but some issues remain unresolved.
The United States has temporarily paused a 50 per cent tariff on some Canadian goods that had been scheduled to take effect this week. U.S. President Donald Trump announced that the new tariffs will be delayed until August 22, giving Canada and the United States more time to continue negotiations. Prime Minister Mark Carney said the talks have made substantive progress, but some issues remain unresolved.
The Ontario government will launch a new round of primary care expansion this September, with plans to create or expand about 78 primary care teams. The goal is to connect another 600,000 residents to a family doctor or other primary care provider. The province will invest about $250 million in this round.
A new poll released on August 14 shows incumbent Mississauga Mayor Carolyn Parrish and former mayor Bonnie Crombie are currently tied in voter support. But beyond the race between the two candidates, the poll also shows a clear shift in what local residents are most concerned about, with affordability, taxes and housing now ranking ahead of crime.
Toronto police have released new information in a homicide investigation nearly four years after a man was shot and killed in Scarborough. In an update issued on the morning of August 14, police said the suspect in the killing of 31-year-old Ding Ping Wang may use the name “Jay,” and investigators now believe he may also be connected to another shooting that later occurred in the same parking lot.
TORONTO, August 14, 2026 – The Ontario government released its first-quarter fiscal report for the 2026–27 fiscal year on August 14. The latest forecast...
The United States has temporarily paused a 50 per cent tariff on some Canadian goods that had been scheduled to take effect this week. U.S. President Donald Trump announced that the new tariffs will be delayed until August 22, giving Canada and the United States more time to continue negotiations. Prime Minister Mark Carney said the talks have made substantive progress, but some issues remain unresolved.
Recent Comments